ESP invested in vehicle-based scanning in late 2010, with the purchase of the first Trimble MX8 system ever produced in the U.S. We have since added 4 additional systems to meet our clients’ needs for mobile scanning services. In 2015, we enhanced our mobile mapping capabilities by adding a Dalsa Spyder 3 downward facing linescan camera to collect pavement imagery for evaluation. In 2020, we added an IrisPRO Pave data collection vehicle for comprehensive roadway condition assessments.
We combine state of the art pavement collection and survey-grade mobile mapping sensors in one vehicle, which allows us to gather imagery and location of your assets, for your entire network of roads, in a single mobilization.
What does our vehicle have?
- 2D/3D Pavement Imaging System
- Transverse and Longitudinal Profile, Roughness, and Rutting System
- Mobile Mapping Laser Scanner
- Survey Grade GPS with inertial movement sensor
- Dual Ladybug 5+ 360 Cameras
What does this technology do?
- Assessment and monitoring of pavement quality
- Mapping of all roadway assets inside the ROW
- Automatic pavement crack/distress detection
- Fast, automated reporting to all common pavement management formats
- Survey-grade deliverables available with post project ground control
- Single-step import for all collected data