Geotechnical engineering for highway, bridge and/or rail projects have unique requirements. State specific procedures, requirements and methodologies must be rigorously followed.
ESP’s transportation geotechnical professionals are skilled in these specific needs, including LRFD foundation design. We serve federal, state, municipal, construction, and transportation design clients with coordinated geotechnical engineering, geoenvironmental, geophysical, and surveying services to support new and existing transportation projects.
Transportation Geotechnical Engineering Services:
- Roadway subsurface investigations
- Roadway Inventory Reports
- Roadway Recommendation Reports
- Structure subsurface investigations
- Foundation type and sizing design
- Recommendation reports
- Unstable subgrade investigation and subgrade stabilization design
- Geophysical analysis of subsurface concerns
- Environmental site assessments and contamination studies
- Site remediation design, permitting, and implementation
- Noise and vibration monitoring
- Structure condition evaluations