ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Survey CAD Technician/Crew Member in our Pittsburgh (Warrendale) office. This position offers a survey professional the opportunity to perform work in the office as well as the field. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career in the survey profession with a dynamic Engineering, Surveying and Planning firm!
- Associate degree or higher in surveying technology/geomatics, civil engineering, or related field and/or registration as a SIT preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in land surveying preferred.
- Candidate will be required to demonstrate strong self-motivational and organizational skills, experience with survey computations and platting as well as field experience required.
- Assist field crew leader by operating both GPS and conventional survey equipment in support of field survey projects.
- Land Development survey experience required with emphasis on transportation projects a plus.
- Experience with the following equipment preferred: Trimble data collection, GPS receivers, robotic total stations
- Experience with following programs preferred: MicroStation, TOPODOT, Civil 3d 2013, Geopak, PLSCADD, ArcGIS, Google Earth, Trimble Data Transfer and Microsoft Excel.
- Computer skills involved in the submittal of daily files including downloading of data, preparation/organization of field sketches & digital photographs, completion of daily checklists & timesheets, and vehicle navigation are required.
- Position does include some out of town travel for which meal per diem, and lodging are provided.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 280 on the 2021 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2021 ranking of 49.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan