Also referred to as ground-based lidar or static terrestrial lidar, 3D laser scanning technology allows ESP to safely collect spatial data for a site, structure or objects rapidly and remotely.
The information from a 3D scan provides accurate data in the form of an XYZ point cloud that can easily be modeled, geo-referenced and surveyed electronically, then used to create contours and TINs or exported into CAD software.
3D Laser Scanning Applications:
- Site and engineering surveys
- As-built surveys
- Detailed intersection surveys for traffic studies
- Volume and area calculations
- Topographic and detail surveys
- Fabrication and construction inspection
- Quantity surveys
- Manufacturing and reverse engineering
- Historical and legal archive
- 3D modeling and visualization
- Forensic documentation
- Pavement DTM’s for hydroplaning analysis