ESP is currently seeking a Geotechnical and CMT Lab Technician for our Fort Mill, SC office. This role offers the opportunity to provide testing and oversee lab operations in our AASHTO accredited and NCDOT certified soils and materials laboratory.
- Perform soils and concrete testing on lab samples
- Obtaining and maintaining certifications for AASHTO Resource, CCRL and DOT accreditation
- Perform and/or coordinate timely calibrations and maintenance of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards
- Enter lab test data in laboratory software
Technical Abilities in Some or All of the Following:
- Knowledge of Keylab software
- Knowledge of Metafield software
- Ability to interpret ASTM and AASHTO procedures
- Performing and understanding laboratory test including, but not limited to: Moisture-density relationships, Atterberg Limits, Grainsize analysis, percent swell, consolidation testing, compressive strength of concrete and masonry, etc.
- Possess or ability to obtain ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician Certification
- Possess or ability to obtain ACI Aggregate Base testing Technician Certification
- Possess or ability to obtain NCDOT Laboratory Certification
- Prefer 2 or more years of related experience (laboratory, geotechnical and construction materials testing)
- Prefer familiarity with ASTM and AASHTO test methods specific to geotechnical and construction materials testing
- Prefer familiarity with geotechnical and material testing equipment and calibration procedures
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 258 on the 2022 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2022 ranking of 43.ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan