VICKREY & ASSOCIATES, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) has an immediate opportunity in our North Austin office for a Civil Engineer with experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, and construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control. This position includes design and project management responsibilities within a team atmosphere. Candidates shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work closely with other team members and interact with clients and local review agencies.
- Perform work with a small team through civil site/land development design, permitting, and construction observation on a variety of residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects.
- Develop strong relationships with team members.
- Perform design of land development projects within Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic sizing and system modeling, water distribution modeling, best management practices (BMP), underground detention systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, sanitary sewer pump stations and force main, erosion control measures, etc.).
- Provide training/mentoring for junior members of the team.
- Perform technical review of drawings, specifications, calculations, shop drawings, and other engineering documents for conformance with project goals and requirements.
- Perform preliminary engineering evaluations, including quantity take-offs and opinions of probable construction cost.
- Assist management of project and staff schedules.
- Serve as a potential point of contact on land development project for Clients, review agencies, contractors, and internal planning, surveying, and geotechnical departments.
- Attend meetings with Clients, review agencies, and contractors throughout the various stages of the land development process.
- Perform site visits and prepare associated field reports.
- Observe and provide general coordination for various field testing (i.e. water pressure testing, gravity sewer low pressure testing, manhole vacuum testing, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 3+ years of qualifying civil engineering design and project management experience.
- PE Licensure or ability to obtain licensure within 3 months Preferred (Texas preferred).
- Possess advanced design skills in Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D (2015 or more recent version).
- Demonstrated success managing similar projects in the Austin market and surrounding area strongly preferred.
- Possess advanced design skills in software programs such as Hydraflow Hydragraphs, Hydraflow Storm Sewers, HydroCAD, WaterCAD, and Autodesk Vehicle Tracking.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.
VICKREY & ASSOCIATES, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is a full-service civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape architecture firm. VICKREY provides planning, project management, civil design, construction administration, surveying & geospatial solutions to both the private and public sectors. VICKREY serves the land development, transportation, public works, power delivery, and governmental market sectors throughout Texas and the United States. Our corporate headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas with a branch office in Austin, Texas.
VICKREY offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid-Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan