VICKREY & ASSOCIATES, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) has an immediate opportunity for a Civil CAD Technician or Designer to join our North Austin team. We are looking for a motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a well-established, collaborative, and growing firm.
As a contributing team member of the Land Development group, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in the Austin area working on the design of residential, commercial and multi-family projects.
- Provide drafting and graphics support, and assist engineers and design staff with civil design focused primarily on land development projects.
- Assignments may include performing Civil Design, such as Street Grades, Water System layout, Sanitary Sewer collection system layout, stormwater system layout, parking lot layout and general Site Plan development.
- Associate degree or higher in civil engineering or a related field.
- Land Development Surveying experience with boundary, topography, and construction staking preferred.
- Candidate will be required to demonstrate strong self-motivational and organizational skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
- Ability to read and understand topographic maps and survey data and work experience preparing general civil engineering drawings is required.
- Current/prior experience supporting related projects in and around the Austin market.
- Experience with Arc View is helpful.
- Applicant must be able to manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous projects while providing good follow-through and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
VICKREY & ASSOCIATES, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is a full-service civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape architecture firm. VICKREY provides planning, project management, civil design, construction administration, surveying & geospatial solutions to both the private and public sectors. VICKREY serves the land development, transportation, public works, power delivery, and governmental market sectors throughout Texas and the United States. Our corporate headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas with a branch office in Austin, Texas.
VICKREY offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid-Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan