ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, highly-talented Senior CEI Manager to establish and grow our Texas team based in San Antonio. The individual will be responsible for overseeing and directing a team of project managers, senior technical engineers, technicians, and support staff. Along with the group's leadership, this individual will be responsible for client pursuit/development, P&L, and high-level client interaction. Our ideal candidate will be an individual with strong ties and professional connections within the Texas Transportation / CEI Industry to establish new client relationships and workload.
- Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff on technical guidance, performance feedback, financial management, and client relations.
- Manages staff utilization by scheduling, monitoring, and revising assignments.
- Manage group's financial performance, including monthly earnings, monthly invoicing, AR collections from assigned clients, and participate in monthly project reviews with senior management.
- Assist Senior Leadership with strategic planning to support overall CEI goals.
- May be responsible for creating and monitoring department budget.
- Prepare scope of work and cost estimates for proposals and task orders.
- Satisfy project requirements by ensuring that quality standards and deadlines.
- Remains knowledgeable of trends and current developments in specific technical areas
- Develop and review policies, methods, practices, and procedures; and review programs for conformance with client standards.
- Use appropriate project management software to track project tasks and timelines, ensuring timely completion of project stages following project schedule
- Participate in internal and external professional development activities.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- PE in Texas
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in the construction of major CEI Highway and Bridge projects in the TX Transportation / CEI industry
- Demonstrated success in leading, negotiating, and executing TxDOT contracts
- Experience interacting with a wide variety of construction, engineering, and accounting professionals and ensuring compliance with client and company standards
- Prior experience managing staff, project budgets, and sub-consultants
- Experience with proposal writing, presentations, and other marketing activities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, engineers, other agencies, government. entities, and the general public
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with construction and engineering personnel
- Experience preparing complete and comprehensive reports
- Understand and implement safety practices in the construction industry
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Primavera
- Must have the ability to travel as needed (primarily within TX)
- The candidate must pass a drug screen, background check, and a satisfactory driving record per the company's driving (MVR) policy
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP's primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan