Vickrey & Associates (an ESP Associates company) is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to join our well-established San Antonio office. This person will be a key contributor in helping to identify and win client relationships/projects in local markets, specifically targeting large public works projects. The successful candidate will collaborate with Vickrey’s leadership team to grow our presence and secure new clients in our area of practice.
- The Business Development Manager manages plans, schedules and coordinates a range of engineering proposals, and business development activities.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, and conducting the technical proposal process for Engineering and implementing the marketing and business development affairs of the company.
- Creates concepts for project approaches, teaming and coordinates production of corporate proposals materials.
- Assists in developing strategies for project specific and business development programs, Teams.
- Coordinates and performs existing and prospective client calls, scheduling meetings, attending events, promotions, trade shows and is actively involved in client relation activities.
- Manages the engineering proposal preparation process from start to producing quality documents and/or presentations.
- Assists in the development of marketing materials and maintains business development databases.
- Analyzes RFP requirements and develops the technical proposal, writing and coordinating technical materials, preparing and managing proposal preparation schedules, participating in strategy and review meetings, and performing interview preparation and presentations.
- Assists in updating V&A qualifications, resumes, project photo shoots, producing lead reports, and preparing business development correspondence and mailings.
- Assists in planning and implementing the corporate identity and marketing program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience preparing technical/civil scopes of work, project approaches, and proposals to provide engineering services, with responsibilities of technical and business writing, and business development for public works projects
- BD experience in public works land development projects considered a plus
- Must be proficient in the development of civil engineering project approaches for transportation, streets, drainage, utility, pump station, water, wastewater, commercial and land development projects, and other municipal and public works projects.
- Knowledge and experience working with graphic designers, marketing, and technical personnel.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical judgment, persistence and ability to transition conversations to opportunities
- Experience preparing proposals to owners, developers, consultants, general contractors, and government entities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with CRM databases and marketing campaign strategies
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision (preferred)
- Ability to travel as needed for conference and networking related activities
Vickrey & Associates (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is a full-service civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape architecture firm. VICKREY provides planning, project management, civil design, construction administration, surveying & geospatial solutions to both the private and public sectors. VICKREY serves the land development, transportation, public works, power delivery, and governmental market sectors throughout Texas and the United States. Our corporate headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas with a branch office in Austin, Texas.
VICKREY offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid-Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan