The Hydraulic & Hydrologic Survey Crew Chief will be required to lead and perform bridge, culvert, dam, and natural cross section surveys along streams and rivers.
This position involves extensive both in and out of state travel. Benefits include out of town meal/lodging expenses, overtime opportunities and competitive salary.
- Establish accurate survey control on aerial photogrammetric and LiDAR panels, and photo-identifiable points
- Capture pertinent information for GIS storm water inventory projects
- Train and lead a team of 1-2 other crew members
- Additional similar tasks may be required to assist with projects in other survey departments
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in land surveying
- Any level of education in surveying technology/geomatics, civil engineering or related field is considered a plus
- Experience supervising other crew members and managing day-to-day field procedures
- Experience working with Trimble GPS and robotic total station
- Basic computer skills
- Must be reliable, dependable and responsible
- A positive work attitude with the desire to learn
- Must be willing to work outdoors around/within various environments (roadside, waterside and remote)
- Must be willing to travel throughout the United States
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan