ESP Associates, Inc. has an immediate opportunity for an experienced LiDAR Technician based in our Fort Mill, SC office.
- This is a technical role requiring experience working fluently with the following software regarding the collection, processing, registration, extraction, and mapping of point cloud data: Trimble Business Center, Riegl, Leica, TopoDOT, 3DReshaper, MicroStation (ORD), AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcMap, TerraScan, and others as needed.
- Out of town/state travel will be required; meal per diem and lodging will be provided.
- Duties may require overtime by performing work after normal working hours, late night hours, and weekends as needed.
- Associates degree or higher in surveying technology, geomatics, civil engineering, or related field with registration as a SIT or PLS preferred, but not required.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in land surveying preferred.
- Preferred candidate will have experience with/be asked to perform both field collection and office processing/registration of mobile LiDAR data, static 3D laser scanning data, static GNSS observations, and VRS/RTN GNSS observations.
- Experience working with Leica static scan stations, Trimble MX8/MX9 and Riegl mobile LiDAR systems, and Trimble GNSS receivers and data collectors is a plus.
- Candidate must have a positive attitude, elevated attention to details, work well within a team environment, enjoy/rise to the challenges of working with/learning new software and methodologies, and enjoy sharing ideas and technical knowledge with other local and remote team members.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan