Established 35 years ago in Charlotte North Carolina, ESP Associates, Inc., has a commanding presence in and around the Carolinas and is growing its Nashville office into a creative hub for the region. We are seeking a creative and established Land Planner/Landscape Architecture Department Manager for our rapidly growing and evolving Nashville office. This individual will be at the helm of overall staffing, supervision and management of the department.
- Are you an established Land Planner / Landscape Architect professional looking to make a difference in the community around you as well as across the region?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy empowering early-career professionals?
- Do you want to build a team that specializes in creative design and planning?
As a leader contributing to employee development and management of departmental activity, this individual will ultimately be responsible for:
- Managing clients and undertaking business development activities,
- Preparation of proposals/ contracts,
- Representing ESP and client(s) in public settings, and
- Setting the tone for a healthy work environment.
- Leadership and direction of Landscape Architecture and Planning team in the Nashville (Brentwood), TN office.
- Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, costs estimates, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring. Exciting projects include large-scale master planned developments, urban infill sites, residential, commercial sites, greenways/park and recreation, and various mixed-use projects, along with various amenities and other recreational project components.
- Building the team and overall growth of department.
- Partnering with clients to advance master plans/ small area/corridor plans, develop site plans, manage the entitlement processes, and implement improvements.
- Presentations to Public officials and Planning boards.
- Business development and marketing of clients including networking, active participation in professional development forums, presenting work to professional organizations, writing proposals, and maintaining budgets and backlog reporting for projected work.
- Project contract preparation, invoicing, and financial reporting.
- A degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, or Civil Engineering from an accredited program preferred.
- Professional registration as a Landscape Architect, Certified Planner, or Professional Engineer.
- 8 or more years of professional Land Planning / Landscape Architecture experience with a diverse and dynamic portfolio.
- A strong background in the land development design industry, Site and Master Planning along with oversight of landscape architectural construction documents (CD) and construction administration (CA) including related technical layouts, grading plans, planting plans, details and hardscape design.
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong freehand illustrations, renderings and graphics skills that are expressive in both sketch and finished formats.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketchup), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with the ability to adjust to project priorities and requests of multiple clients.
- Experience working with local codes, ordinances and public agency standards related to land development design and related entitlement processes.
- Strong business development skills along with knowledge of the local land development market.
- Strong collaborator and presenter in front of boards and Councils for multiple project types.
- Ability to liaise with public and private sector clients, maintain client relationships, manage projects and mentor staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that will allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, government officials and the public.
- Experience with developing and following a formalized QA/QC program.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 280 on the 2021 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2021 ranking of 49.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan