ESP Associates, Inc. (ESP) is seeking a Land Planner / Landscape Designer to join our Charleston, SC studio. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a well-established, dynamic, and growing Engineering, Surveying and Planning firm.
This position will assist in providing site analysis, zoning/code research, master planning/site planning, hardscape and landscape construction documents, illustrative graphic exhibits and presentations. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals and apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging projects.
- Provide site analysis and research including code requirements.
- Prepare conceptual designs, site layouts, yield and parking studies.
- Prepare development plans to support re-zonings and/or entitlements.
- Prepare detailed hardscape and landscape construction documents.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide-range of projects developing detailed designs for construction.
- Assist with specification writing, permitting and construction administration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Land FX, Adobe Creative Suites (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketchup), GIS/ArcView, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) required.
- Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills.
- Basic knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering programs (Sketchup, Lumion, Rhino, Revit, etc.)
- Knowledge of grading, drainage, plant material and planting design.
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Creative design skills for complex project solutions.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Organized and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Licensure and/or experience is not required.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan