ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a creative and established Landscape Architect/Land Planner Team Leader / Sr. Project Manager to join our Lake Norman studio. This position will have responsibilities which include overall staffing, supervision and management of exciting projects including large-scale master planned developments, residential, commercial sites, and various mixed-use projects along with various amenities and other recreational project components.
While contributing to both employee development and management of departmental activity, the experienced professional will be responsible for managing clients and undertaking business development activities related to the preparation of proposals/ contracts, production of high quality site plans, rezoning plans and related public meeting processes along with the preparation of illustrative materials, rendered graphics, landscape planting plans and other related technical construction documents within a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, costs estimates, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring.
- Production of high-quality design in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suites (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketchup), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and other design platforms.
- Work directly with clients to advance master plans/ small area/corridor plans, develop site plans, manage the entitlement processes, and implement improvements.
- Provide design, project, and task management leadership and mentoring to various production team members.
- Business development and marketing of clients including networking, active participation in professional development forums, presenting work to professional organizations, writing proposals, and maintaining budgets and backlog reporting for projected work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning from an accredited program.
- Professional registration as a Landscape Architect or Certified Planner.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of professional land planning / Landscape Architecture experience with a diverse and dynamic portfolio.
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong freehand illustrations and rendering skills.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/FX Works, Photoshop and Sketch Up.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients.
- Experience working with local codes, ordinances and public agency standards related to land development design and related entitlement processes.
- Experience with developing and following a formalized QA/QC program.
- Demonstrated graphics skills that are expressive in both sketch and finished formats.
- Strong business development skills along with knowledge of the local land development market.
- Strong collaborator and presenter in front of boards and councils for multiple project types.
- Ability to liaise with public and private sector clients, maintain client relationships, manage projects and mentor staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that will allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, approval authorities, governmental officials and the public.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan