ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a creative and established Landscape Architect/Land Planner -Practice Leader for our growing Raleigh, NC office. This position will be responsible for Departmental Management level responsibilities which include overall staffing, supervision and management of various residential, multi-family, commercial and municipal land development projects. While contributing to both employee development and management of departmental activity, the experienced professional will be responsible for managing clients and undertaking business development activities related to the preparation of proposals/ contracts, production of high quality site plans, rezoning plans and related public meeting processes along with the preparation of illustrative materials, rendered graphics, landscape planting plans and other related technical construction documents within a multi-disciplinary team setting.
• Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, costs estimates, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring. Exciting projects include large-scale master planned developments, residential, commercial sites, and various mixed-use projects along with various amenities and other recreational project components.
• Work directly with clients to advance master plans/ small area/corridor plans, develop site plans, manage the entitlement processes, and implement improvements
• Provide design, project, and task management leadership to various production teams
• Business development and marketing of clients including networking, active participation in professional development forums, presenting work to professional organizations, writing proposals, and maintaining budgets and backlog reporting for projected work.
• Ability to liaise with public and private sector clients, maintain client relationships, manage projects and mentor staff
• A strong background in the land development design industry, Site and Master Planning along with oversight of landscape architectural construction documents (CD) and (CA) including related technical layouts, grading plans, planting plans, details and hardscape design.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that will allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, approval authorities, governmental officials and the public.
• A degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning from an accredited program
• Professional registration as a Landscape Architect or Certified Planner
• A minimum of 10 or more years of professional land planning / Landscape Architecture experience with a diverse and dynamic portfolio
• Ability to effectively communicate with strong freehand illustrations and rendering skills
• Knowledge of AutoCAD
• Excellent financial management skills
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients
• Experience working with local codes, ordinances and public agency standards related to land development design and related entitlement processes
• Experience with developing and following a formalized QA/QC program
• Demonstrated graphics skills that are expressive in both sketch and finished formats
• Strong business development skills along with knowledge of the local land development market
• Strong collaborator and presenter in front of boards and Councils for multiple project types
ESP is a multi-discipline Land Planning, Engineering design and Land Development consulting firm providing our clients with planning/landscape architecture. civil engineering, surveying, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection. ESP is a 2018 ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranked #29 in the Southeast, and a Zweig Group 2017 Hot Firm recognized among the 100 fastest-growing A/E consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including: Health and Dental Insurance, PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays, Life Insurance, Flexible Benefits Plan, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance and 401(k) Plan