ESP is currently seeking a creative and self-motivated full-time Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect to join our growing Land Planning/Landscape Architecture department in our Lake Norman/Cornelius, North Carolina office. This position will assist in providing site analysis, zoning/code research, master planning/site planning, hardscape and landscape construction documents, illustrative graphic exhibits and presentations. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals and apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging projects.
• Provide site analysis and research including code requirements.
• Prepare conceptual designs, site layouts, yield and parking studies.
• Prepare development plans to support rezonings and/or entitlements.
• Prepare detailed hardscape and landscape construction documents.
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide-range of projects developing detailed designs for construction.
• Assist with specification writing, permitting and construction administration.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Land FX, Adobe Creative Suites (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketchup), GIS/ArcView, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) required.
• Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills.
• Knowledge of grading, drainage, plant material and planting design.
• Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
• Creative design skills for complex project solutions.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Organized and ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Self-motivated to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Licensure and/or experience is not required.