ESP is currently seeking a Staff to Project-level Geophysicist for our established geophysical group in the Greensboro, North Carolina office. This job has the potential for growth into a leadership position.
- Geophysical data collection and analysis for a wide variety of environmental and engineering projects. Typical geophysical methods include EM, GPR, seismic refraction, surface wave seismic, and electrical resistivity.
- Hazardous waste assessments
- Report preparation
- The successful candidate will have a BS or MS degree in Geophysics, prior geophysical experience, strong written and oral communication skills, and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Professional geology licensing and 40-hour Hazwoper certification are preferred.
- This position will require extended periods of strenuous field work in variable outdoor weather conditions, overnight travel and possible night work.
- Approximately 25 to 50% overnight travel is required.
- The person in this position frequently carries and/or lifts equipment weighing up to 75 pounds and engages in repetitive overhead swinging of equipment up to 20 pounds.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan