ESP Associates, Inc. (ESP) is seeking an experienced Business Development professional familiar with the construction and consulting industry. This person will be a key contributor in helping to identify and win client relationships/projects in the Charlotte and Raleigh markets. The successful candidate will collaborate with ESP’s leadership team to grow our presence and secure new clients in our area of practice.
The area of focus for the position will be in the Construction and Transportation sector of the company, with primary emphasis on groups that provide geotechnical engineering, testing, inspection, and environmental services. The position can be based from the Charlotte or Raleigh areas and will report directly to the Director of the sector.
- Represent ESP with integrity and honesty, always
- Establish success through self-motivation and internal teamwork
- Communicate well with the leadership team
- Establish yourself as a known resource for clients in market areas
- Identify prospective new clients and opportunities through networking and research
- Develop and implement client pursuit strategies
- Attend conferences/meetings/social gatherings for networking and client development activities
- Prepare and facilitate presentations for potential clients and RFQ interviews
- Participate and provide input in the preparation of proposals that occur from BD efforts
- Lead efforts that build and maintain strong backlog pipelines associated with projects that are not developed through our operational relationships (i.e. not solicited publicly)
- Development and understanding of potential client’s needs and expectations for successful transition to operational staff
- Detailed activities
- Plan strategies for new opportunities in our target markets
- Generate qualified client leads
- Develop local business development plans
- Continually reach out to clients through cold calls, networking, meetings, etc.
- Participate in/facilitate client meetings with technical staff and project managers
- Perform market research to identify new business opportunity leads
- Attend industry related organization functions
- Develop and capture unsolicited opportunities with clients to increase workload
- Document activities in electronic database
- Download recent activities and follow-ups to team leaders
- Minimum 2 years of business development and client interaction experience in the construction and consulting industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or marketing field
- Understanding of engineering relationships in the marketplace
- Ability to demonstrate ethical judgment, persistence and ability to transition conversations to opportunities
- Experience preparing proposals to owners, developers, consultants, general contractors, and government entities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with CRM databases and marketing campaign strategies
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision (preferred)
- Familiar with social media interaction
- Ability to travel as needed for conference and networking related activities.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan