ESP Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Water Resources Engineer, located in our Raleigh, NC office. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established Engineering, Surveying and Planning firm!
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic modeling in support of FEMA floodplain studies, risk and hazard analyses, and flood mitigation studies
- GIS processing for H&H model creation and mapping product development
- Technical review of studies/modeling submitted by others for DOT bridge replacements and FEMA Letter of Map Revisions (LOMRs)
- DOT hydrologic and hydraulic design
- Bridge scour assessments
- Municipal stormwater design support
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree
- EI designation, PE is a plus.
- 0-5 years of experience in water resources related work including hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, and stormwater management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulics analysis.
- FEMA flood studies, floodplain analysis and hazards analysis experience preferred.
- DOT roadway drainage and/or bridge/culvert design with scour assessments is a plus.
- Knowledge of stormwater management, NPDES permitting, and water quality modeling is a plus.
- Experience in performing surface water analysis using HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1-D and 2-D) and experience with ESRI ArcGIS software is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel is required.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 280 on the 2021 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2021 ranking of 49.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan