Are you an established Civil Engineering land development professional looking to make a difference in the community around you?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy empowering early-career professionals?
ESP Associates is seeking a Civil Engineering Department Manager to lead and develop our civil team in Nashville, TN. The ideal candidate will have experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control. This position includes design oversight, project management, and leadership responsibilities within a team atmosphere.
- Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, opinions of probable construction costs, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring. Projects include but are not limited to commercial, residential, and multi-family developments, mixed-use type projects, rezoning due diligence, public facilities, and other site development or utility projects.
- Business development will be an important focus for this position – manager will be responsible for involvement within community to facilitate growth of the firm.
- Focus on client satisfaction through excellent communication and designs that meet budget and time goals.
- Quality Control - oversight of construction document preparation and design including site layouts, grading plans, utility plans, storm water plans, roadway plans, details, and other items related to project development.
- Permitting submittals and coordination with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, authorities having jurisdiction and the public.
- Bachelors’ of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer Registration (Tennessee preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of professional engineering design and project management experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients
- A strong background in the land development industry, site planning, grading design and construction document preparation
- Ability to coordinate tasks and projects with other ESP department managers, engineers, surveyors and planners
- Prior experience mentoring project managers and engineers-in-training / design staff
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 and design software experience – this position must understand the design software, but the position is not to perform AutoCAD design
- Strong business development skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Experience working with authorities having jurisdiction codes, standards and technical specifications
- Proficiency with developing and designing construction details
- Experience with a formalized QA/QC program
- Strong collaborator and experience presenting in front of boards, commissions or councils is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill with the ability to work closely with other team members, clients and local review agencies
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 280 on the 2021 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2021 ranking of 49.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan