ESP Associates is seeking a Mobile Applications Developer to join our team in the Fort Mill, SC office. This is a temporary position with anticipated duration of 3-6 months and possible extension thereafter.
The Developer will participate in the architecture, design, and development of various mobile applications utilizing native and web technologies in Android and iOS. The ideal candidate will have strong mobile hybrid technology knowledge, or knowledge of iOS or Android native development. Experience with hybrid technology frameworks like Cordova, Ionic and Angular is preferred.
In addition to writing code, the ideal candidate should enjoy interacting with clients and participating in project requirements gathering, developing and presenting technical approaches, creating wireframes/mockups, and prototype demonstrations. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and excellent communication skills. One of the advantages of working within our Applications Department, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects/tasks with team members with various backgrounds (Engineering and GIS), contribute new ideas and improve processes.
- 3-5 years of experience as a mobile developer working on production applications
- 3+ years of experience with either hybrid mobile application development using technologies like Ionic, Cordova, Angular, HTML5, CSS, Typescript, JS, etc or native iOS and Android application development (Swift and Java/Kotlin)
- The ability to create user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing UIs
- Experience with using RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
- Some exposure to backend JS/Node applications preferred
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 280 on the 2021 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2021 ranking of 49.