ESP Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for a GIS Technician, located in our Raleigh, NC office. Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
This individual will support the following: editing of GIS data; development and printing of map products; development and publication of web maps; attribution of the NCDOT linear reference system with roadway characteristics data; field data collection; and validation and research of roadway characteristics data. Additionally, the GIS Technician will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and mapping of spatial data related to the maintenance and management of roads and highways data using of ESRI Roads and Highways desktop and server-based Event Editor to create, update and maintain various roadway datasets.
- Mapping Product Development: Create and present various mapping products in both electronic and hardcopy format via both ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online.
- Attribute the Linear Referencing System - Attribution of roadway characteristics data using ESRI's Roads and Highways tools in conjunction with highway construction plans, aerial imagery, CADD drawings, and other sources.
- Data Analysis and Reporting - Ability to query, filter, manipulate, conduct historical research, and report on various data sets using Microsoft Office and ESRI tools.
- Field Data Collection - Develop asset collection databases, configure mobile data collection applications, provide technical support, conduct field data collection.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GIS principals, theories, and practices
- Experience in transportation GIS
- Experience in production mapping
- Experience publishing and mapping spatial data in ArcGIS Online
- Experience preparing mobile asset collections and using ESRI Collector
- Experience using Python to automate workflows
- Experience editing in a multi-user environment using ArcGIS
- Knowledge and experience maintaining roadway data in a linear referencing system
- Experience using ESRI’s Roads and Highways
- Experience reading highway construction plans and CADD drawings
- Preferable experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS Workflow Manager
- Preferable experience with data validation and reviewer checks with ESRI’s Data Reviewer
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 280 in 2021. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan