ESP Associates is seeking a Web Applications Developer to join our team in the Morrisville, NC office. You will participate in and contribute to the architecture, design, and development of various high-profile web projects utilizing C#/.NET, React, Python, the ESRI GIS software stack, and SQL Server. Responsibilities will also include some maintenance/feature development on older .NET Framework/Angular JS/JQuery applications.
In addition to writing code, the ideal candidate should enjoy interacting with clients and participating in project requirements gathering, developing and presenting technical approaches, creating wireframes/mockups, and prototype demonstrations. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and excellent communication skills. One of the advantages of working within our Web Applications Department, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects/tasks with team members with various backgrounds (Engineering and GIS), contribute new ideas and improve processes. Furthermore, at ESP, we strive to promote growth for our employees by providing opportunities to acquire new technical skills, make technical presentations and perform new roles and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills. However, motivated candidates who have a good subset of the listed skills and are willing to learn the others are also encouraged to apply.
- 3-5 years of experience as a full-stack developer working on production applications
- 2+ years of experience developing MVC/MV* .NET applications (C#, ASP.NET/ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework/EF Core, etc)
- 2+ years of experience with frontend development including both vanilla JS/JQuery and modern frontend frameworks (React preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with relational (SQL) databases and database design
- 1+ years of experience with Python (basic scripting)
- Experience with RESTful APIs (implementing API endpoints and consuming existing/third party APIs), and working with JSON and XML data formats
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
- Experience publishing/deploying .NET applications
- Experience with SQL Server/SSMS and SQL Reporting Services
- Some exposure to backend JS/Node applications
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan