ESP is looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to join our Cornelius, NC location. The position includes design in land development and construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, water and sanitary sewer utility design, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control associated with residential, commercial, and institutional projects.
- Perform work with a small team through civil site/land development design, permitting, and construction observation on a variety of residential, commercial, and institutional projects.
- Develop strong relationships with team members.
- Perform design of land development projects within Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic sizing, water distribution modeling, best management practices (BMP), sanitary sewer collection systems, erosion control measures, etc.).
- Perform preliminary engineering evaluations, including quantity take-offs and opinions of probable construction cost.
- Perform site visits and prepare associated field reports.
- Observe and provide general coordination for various field testing (i.e. water pressure testing, gravity sewer low pressure testing, manhole vacuum testing, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BSCE) or Engineering Technology (BSCET).
- EI/EIT certification preferred.
- 0-2 years of qualifying civil engineering design.
- Previous experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil3D preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan