ESP Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for a GIS Technician, located in our Raleigh, NC office. Local candidates are strongly preferred as relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
- GIS Analyses including spatial data collection, creation, editing, and processing in support of emergency management efforts.
- Geodatabase design, editing, and maintenance.
- 3D and Spatial Analyst use supporting terrain data processing, water resources modeling, and floodplain mapping product development.
- Asset inventory management.
- Map production.
- Hazard Mitigation Planning Support.
- BA/BS degree in Geography, Environmental Science, or related field.
- 0-5 years of related GIS experience
- The ideal candidate is diligent, detail-oriented, organized, and has strong critical thinking skills.
- ESRI ArcGIS experience is a requirement and real-world applications through external projects or internships are a bonus.
- Experience in water resources modeling, terrain data development, base map development, FEMA floodplain mapping, Geodatabase development, field data collection, 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, and ModelBuilder preferred.
- Working experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) and ArcGIS Desktop required.
- Experience or working knowledge of Python, Visual Basic, SDE, SQL Server and Arc GIS Online is a plus.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan