ESP Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Water Resources Specialist / GIS Analyst, located in our Charlotte-metro headquarters. This is a junior-level position that will provide a key role to support a variety of water resources / stormwater related projects. Typical projects include: drainage inventories, floodplain studies and permitting, municipal stormwater, risk and hazard analysis, GIS data capture and analysis, and similar projects for a variety of public and private clients. The ideal candidate is diligent, detail-oriented, organized, has strong critical thinking skills, and is comfortable leading tasks and communicating with internal and external clients.
- Geodatabase design, editing, and maintenance
- GIS analyses including spatial data collection, creation, editing, and processing
- 3D and Spatial Analyst use supporting terrain data processing and engineering analysis
- Asset inventory management data collection, processing, QC, and delivery
- Map production
- Development of workflows and associated tools/scripting to support project needs
- BA/BS degree in Geography, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field.
- 0 - 4 years of related GIS experience
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop is required
- Experience with automation through ModelBuilder, Python, or equivalent platforms is required
- Experience with advanced spatial analysis including work with 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst is preferred
- Experience with GIS applications water resources / stormwater projects is preferred.
- Working experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan