ESP Associates is seeking a Civil Engineering Project Engineer/Manager in its Nashville, Tennessee office. Qualified applicants will have experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control. This position includes design and project management responsibilities within a team atmosphere. Candidates shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work closely with other team members and interact with clients and local review agencies.
• Develop strong relationships with team members.
• Perform design of land development projects within Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
• Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic sizing and system modeling, water distribution modeling, best management practices (BMP), underground detention systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, sanitary sewer pump stations and force main, erosion control measures, etc.).
• Provide training/mentoring of junior members of the team.
• Perform technical review of drawings, specifications, calculations, shop drawings, and other engineering documents for conformance with project goals and requirements.
• Perform preliminary engineering evaluations, including quantity take-offs and opinions of probable construction cost.
• Assist in management of project and staff schedules.
• Attend meetings with Clients, review agencies, and contractors throughout the various stages of the land development process.
• Perform site visits and prepare associated field reports.
• Observe and provide general coordination for various field testing (i.e. water pressure testing, gravity sewer low pressure testing, manhole vacuum testing, etc.).
• Assist in leading a team through civil site/land development design, permitting, and construction observation on a variety of residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and 4+ years of qualifying civil engineering design and project management experience.
• PE Licensure or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months required (Tennessee preferred).
• Possess advanced design skills in Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D (2015 or more recent version).
• Possess advanced design skills in software programs such as Hydraflow Hydragraphs, Hydraflow Storm Sewers, HydroCAD, WaterCAD, and Autodesk Vehicle Tracking.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
ESP is honored to maintain over 30-year relationships with both public and private clients throughout the Southeast. ESP is a 2018 ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranked #29 in the Southeast, and a Zweig Group 2017 Hot Firm recognized among the 100 fastest-growing A/E consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
• Health and Dental Insurance
• PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Benefits Plan
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance