ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a creative, self-motivated, and established Civil Engineering Department Manager for our growing Brentwood, Tennessee office location.
- Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, opinions of probable construction costs, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring. Projects include but are not limited to commercial, residential, and multi-family developments, mixed-use type projects, rezoning due diligence, public facilities, and other site development or utility projects.
- Business development will be an important focus for this position – manager will be responsible for involvement within community to facilitate growth of the firm.
- Focus on client satisfaction through excellent communication and designs that meet budget and time goals.
- Quality Control - oversight of construction document preparation and design including site layouts, grading plans, utility plans, storm water plans, roadway plans, details, and other items related to project development.
- Permitting submittals and coordination with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, authorities having jurisdiction and the public.
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer Registration
- A minimum of 10 years of professional engineering design and project management experience
- A strong background in the land development industry, site planning, grading design and construction document preparation
- Ability to coordinate tasks and projects with other company department managers (engineers, surveyors and planners)
- Ability to train project managers and engineers-in-training / design staff
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 and design software experience – this position must understand the design software, but the position is not to perform AutoCAD design
- Strong business development skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients
- Experience working with authorities having jurisdiction codes, standards and technical specifications
- Proficiency with developing and designing construction details
- Experience with a formalized QA/QC program
- Strong collaborator and experience presenting in front of boards, commissions or councils is a plus
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
ESP is honored to maintain over 30-year relationships with both public and private clients throughout the Southeast. ESP is a 2018 ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranked #29 in the Southeast, and a Zweig Group 2017 Hot Firm recognized among the 100 fastest-growing A/E consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan