ESP Associates is seeking a Civil Engineering Project Manager with experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control. This position includes design and project management responsibilities within a team atmosphere. Candidates shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work closely with other team members and interact with clients and local review agencies.
- Lead a small team through civil site/land development design, permitting, and construction observation on a variety of residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects.
- Develop strong relationships with team members.
- Perform design of land development projects within Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic sizing and system modeling, water distribution modeling, best management practices (BMP), underground detention systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, sanitary sewer pump stations and force main, erosion control measures, etc.).
- Provide training/mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Perform technical review of drawings, specifications, calculations, shop drawings, and other engineering documents for conformance with project goals and requirements.
- Perform preliminary engineering evaluations, including quantity take-offs and opinions of probable construction cost.
- Assist in management of project and staff schedules.
- Assist in preparation of engineering proposals, work orders, and budgets.
- Assist in reviewing monthly billing, invoices, and accounts receivable.
- Serve as a primary point of contact on land development project for Clients, review agencies, contractors, and internal planning, surveying, and geotechnical departments.
- Attend meetings with Clients, review agencies, and contractors throughout the various stages of the land development process.
- Perform site visits and prepare associated field reports.
- Observe and provide general coordination for various field testing (i.e. water pressure testing, gravity sewer low pressure testing, manhole vacuum testing, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and 6+ years of qualifying civil engineering design and project management experience.
- PE Licensure or ability to obtain licensure within 3 months Required (North Carolina and South Carolina preferred).Possess advanced design skills in Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D (2015 or more recent version).
- Possess advanced design skills in software programs such as Hydraflow Hydragraphs, Hydraflow Storm Sewers, HydroCAD, WaterCAD, and Autodesk Vehicle Tracking.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.