ESP Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Water Resources Engineer, located in our Raleigh, NC office.
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic modeling in support of FEMA floodplain studies, risk and hazard analyses, and flood mitigation studies
- GIS processing for H&H model creation and mapping product development
- Technical review of studies/modeling submitted by others for DOT bridge replacements and FEMA Letter of Map Revisions (LOMRs).
- Municipal stormwater support.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree
- EI designation
- 0-3 years of experience in water resources related work including hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, and stormwater management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulics analysis.
- FEMA flood studies, floodplain analysis and hazards analysis experience preferred.
- Knowledge of stormwater management and water quality modeling is a plus.
- Experience in performing surface water analysis using HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS and experience with ESRI ArcGIS software is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel is required.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan