ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a creative and established Landscape Architect/Land Planner Department Manager for our growing Raleigh, NC office. This position will be responsible for Departmental Management level responsibilities which include overall staffing, supervision and management of the department.
While contributing to both employee development and management of departmental activity, the experienced professional will ultimately be responsible for (1) managing clients and undertaking business development activities, (2) preparation of proposals/ contracts, and (3) representing ESP and client(s) in public settings.
- Complete oversight and direction of Landscape Architecture and Planning disciplines in Raleigh, NC office.
- Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, costs estimates, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring. Exciting projects include large-scale master planned developments, residential, commercial sites, and various mixed-use projects, along with various amenities and other recreational project components.
- Hiring of staff and overall growth of department.
- Work directly with clients to advance master plans/ small area/corridor plans, develop site plans, manage the entitlement processes, and implement improvements.
- Presentations to Public officials and Planning boards.
- Business development and marketing of clients including networking, active participation in professional development forums, presenting work to professional organizations, writing proposals, and maintaining budgets and backlog reporting for projected work.
- Project contract preparation, invoicing, and financial reporting.
- A degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning from an accredited program preferred.
- Professional registration as a Landscape Architect or Certified Planner.
- A minimum of 8 or more years of professional land planning / Landscape Architecture experience with a diverse and dynamic portfolio.
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong freehand illustrations, renderings and graphics skills that are expressive in both sketch and finished formats.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suites (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketchup), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients.
- Experience working with local codes, ordinances and public agency standards related to land development design and related entitlement processes.
- Strong business development skills along with knowledge of the local land development market.
- Strong collaborator and presenter in front of boards and Councils for multiple project types.
- Ability to liaise with public and private sector clients, maintain client relationships, manage projects and mentor staff.
- A strong background in the land development design industry, Site and Master Planning along with oversight of landscape architectural construction documents (CD) and construction administration (CA) including related technical layouts, grading plans, planting plans, details and hardscape design.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that will allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, approval authorities, governmental officials and the public.
- Experience with developing and following a formalized QA/QC program.
ESP is a multi-discipline Land Planning, Engineering design and Land Development consulting firm providing our clients with planning/landscape architecture. civil engineering, surveying, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance, Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan