- Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, opinions of probable construction costs, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring. Projects include but are not limited to commercial, residential, and multi-family developments, mixed-use type projects, rezoning due diligence, public facilities, and other site development or utility projects.
- Business development will be an important focus for this position – manager will be responsible for involvement within community to facilitate growth of the firm.
- Focus on client satisfaction through excellent communication and designs that meet budget and time goals.
- Quality Control - oversight of construction document preparation and design including site layouts, grading plans, utility plans, storm water plans, roadway plans, details, and other items related to project development.
- Permitting submittals and coordination with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, authorities having jurisdiction and the public.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer Registration
- A minimum of 10 years of professional engineering design and project management experience
- A strong background in the land development industry, site planning, grading design and construction document preparation
- Ability to coordinate tasks and projects with other company department managers (engineers, surveyors and planners)
- Ability to train project managers and engineers-in-training / design staff
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 and design software experience – this position must understand the design software, but the position is not to perform AutoCAD design
- Strong business development skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients
- Experience working with authorities having jurisdiction codes, standards and technical specifications
- Proficiency with developing and designing construction details
- Experience with a formalized QA/QC program
- Strong collaborator and experience presenting in front of boards, commissions or councils is a plus
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 256 in 2019. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2019 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 30.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan