ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a creative and established Landscape Architect/Land Planner Team Lead for our growing Raleigh, NC office.
The successful candidate will manage and grow a design team involved with the preparation of site plans, rezoning plans, illustrative materials, rendered graphics, landscape planting plans, construction plan documents and related technical drawings. The team leader will work closely with the Department Manager, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables and supervising the execution of work to exceed client expectations. This individual will work collectively with our Planning and Engineering Practice Leaders to create a vision for growth and contribute to the development of the Planning/Landscape Architecture discipline.
- Production of high-quality design in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suites (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketchup), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and other design platforms.
- Work directly with clients and in-house staff to advance master plans/development drawings, develop site plans, manage the entitlement processes, and implement improvements.
- Provide design, project, and task management leadership to various projects.
- Mentoring and guidance of staff.
- Oversight of landscape architectural construction documents (CD’s) including related technical layouts, grading plans, planting plans, details and hardscape design.
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance (QA/QC) of work product created by department
- Provide design, project, and task management leadership to various production teams
- Effectively and professionally interact with public and private sector clients, approval authorities, governmental officials and the public.
- A Bachelors’ degree from an accredited Landscape Architectural program preferred.
- Professional registration as a Landscape Architect or Certified Planner
- A minimum of 5 or more years working as a professional Landscape Architect/Designer in a land development office setting
- Experience and background with a diverse and dynamic portfolio of projects
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment, with ability to adjust to project priorities and multiple clients
- The ability to manage deadlines and ensure compliance with the local, state and federal requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Strong freehand illustrations and rendering skills with demonstrated graphics skills that are expressive in both sketch and finished formats
- Experience working with local codes, ordinances and public agency standards related to land development design and related entitlement processes.
- Experience with developing and following a formalized QA/QC program
- Ability to effectively understand and design projects including rezonings, site plans, and landscape plans in accordance with municipal codes and ordinances.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 256 in 2019. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2019 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 30.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan