ESP Associates, Inc. is a national leader in vehicle based remote data collection and we have expanded our pavement collection capabilities by adding a state-of-the-art IrisPRO Pave Automated Data Collection Vehicle. Combined with a survey grade mobile mapping system, ESP has a unique position to quickly grow our clients, projects and deliverables.
ESP is seeking a Pavement Program Engineer to join our team. This position will provide valuable leadership in building a dynamic team doing exceptional projects across the nation!
- Lead the Pavement team in Collection, Processing and Analysis Tasks
- Direct Influence on the comprehensive process from collection to delivery
- Leadership in expanding the technology of both pavement and assets for client use
- Perform a wide-range of pavement analysis
- Consult on network-level pavement management, budget forecasting, multi-year project planning, and lead/support research projects
- Develop/Assess pavement performance models, M&R policies, cost/benefit analysis
- Write and review engineering reports and deliverables
- Produce condition and analysis reports for internal and external use
- Contribute to internal and external proposal and project teams
- Prepare project scopes, budgets, and proposals for pavement-related projects for DOT, county and other municipalities.
- Make recommendations for improvement to optimize delivery or improve results.
- Support business development efforts via proposals, bid items, and presentations
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- QA/QC for multiple types of pavement data through both rule based and random selection
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering
- 5+ years of transportation pavement engineering experience (focus on analysis vs. design)
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, terminology, principals and analytical techniques of pavements
- Experience with MicroPaver, StreetSaver, PAVER, Cartegraph, Agile Assets
- Professional Engineer Registration. Ability to receive additional licenses through reciprocity a plus.
- Professional experience with DOT and other public highway agencies
- Strong knowledge of pavement engineering fundamentals and state of the practice
- Professional experience with pavement design software and methods
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with team members and clients
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects with competing priorities
- Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 280 on the 2021 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2021 ranking of 49.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan