ESP Associates, Inc., is seeking a Pavement Program Engineer to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and growing Engineering, Surveying and Planning firm.
ESP is a national leader in vehicle based remote data collection and we have expanded our pavement collection capabilities by adding a state-of-the-art IrisPRO Pave Automated Data Collection Vehicle. Combined with a survey grade mobile mapping system, ESP has a unique position to quickly grow our clients, projects and deliverables. This position will provide valuable leadership in building a dynamic team doing exceptional projects across the nation.
- Lead the Pavement team in Collection, Processing and Analysis Tasks
- Direct Influence on the comprehensive process from collection to delivery
- Leadership in expanding the technology of both pavement and assets for client use
- Perform a wide-range of pavement analysis
- Consult on network-level pavement management, budget forecasting, multi-year project planning, and lead/support research projects
- Develop/Assess pavement performance models, M&R policies, cost/benefit analysis
- Write and review engineering reports and deliverables
- Produce condition and analysis reports for internal and external use
- Contribute to internal and external proposal and project teams
- Prepare project scopes, budgets, and proposals for pavement-related projects for DOT, county and other municipalities.
- Make recommendations for improvement to optimize delivery or improve results.
- Support business development efforts via proposals, bid items, and presentations
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- QA/QC for multiple types of pavement data through both rule based and random selection
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering
- 5+ years of transportation pavement engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, terminology, principals and analytical techniques of pavements
- Experience with MicroPaver, StreetSaver, PAVER, Cartegraph, Agile Assets
- Professional Engineer Registration. Ability to receive additional licenses through reciprocity a plus.
- Professional experience with DOT and other public highway agencies
- Strong knowledge of pavement engineering fundamentals and state of the practice
- Professional experience with pavement design software and methods
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with team members and clients
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects with competing priorities
- Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 280 in 2021. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan