ESP Associates, Inc. (ESP) is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist (HRG) at the corporate headquarters in Fort Mill, SC. This is an excellent opportunity for an HR professional to continue to grow his/her career with a well-established, dynamic, and growing Engineering, Surveying and Planning firm.
This individual will be responsible for a wide variety of HR responsibilities including but not limited to, employment processing, benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, and safety & health. The primary focus of this role is related to employee relations. The HRG will provide coaching to build leadership capabilities and enable managers to constructively address and resolve employee issues.
- Assist managers and employees in navigating a range of employee relations issues ensuring a balanced perspective.
- Build employee-friendly processes and understand the value of being a service organization.
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Works to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Maintains management and employee confidence and protects organization operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches.
- Completes special human resources projects by clarifying project objectives; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and leaders
- Ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business and HR acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Functional HR Competencies:
- Business Understanding: Ability to explore and understand business processes, and organizational systems and structures.
- Compensation and Benefits: Demonstrated ability to understand and apply total pay concepts to attract, motivate and retain key employees in the organization
- Employee Effectiveness: Demonstrated ability to keep in touch with the workforce, anticipating employee reaction and impact of business decisions
- Performance Management: Knowledge of the process of performance management that includes defining success, establishing measurements, providing feedback and rewarding performance.
- Workforce Planning: Demonstrated ability to identify the HR implications of the business plan and develop and implement solutions to meet identified needs.
- Employee Communications: Skilled in developing a strategy to implement and ensure effective communication channels within the divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree or MBA strongly preferred
- Professional HR certification a plus
- 5+ years of experience in HR Generalist role is required
- Demonstrated experience managing performance, coaching and assessing talent
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Prior experience in the A/E/C industry is a plus
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan