ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Project Administrative Assistant who will be primarily responsible for the setup, maintenance, compliance, performance tracking, and reporting of projects for a dynamic and growing firm. The firm has experienced significant growth over the past several years and is looking to ensure that projects are set up correctly in accordance with the contract and with the appropriate billing terms to help the invoicing process go smoothly. The ideal candidate is a team-player with experience in the engineering or construction industry and has experience reviewing contracts, proposals, purchase orders, change orders, work orders, and task orders. The position will be located in our Fort Mill, SC (south Charlotte) office.
- Reviewing contracts, purchase orders, and proposals to determine:
- The appropriate work breakdown structure (project, task, subtask) which will satisfy the client’s invoicing requirements, the firm’s performance tracking metrics, and the new revenue recognition standard for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- The proper allocation of the contract amount to project(s), task(s), and subtask(s).
- The correct revenue methods and billing terms to use based on the fee type(s) involved.
- Setting up and reviewing projects in Deltek Vision (ERP) per the guidelines provided
- Maintaining the life cycle of the project based on changes or modifications to the contract and project.
- Assisting project managers, department managers, and other members of the project team with project budgeting.
- Providing reports as needed to appropriate members of the project team and firm management.
- Provide unbilled billing detail & draft invoices to project managers per monthly billing cutoff schedule for invoice preparation and processing per the appropriate guidelines and time frames.
- Preparation of Proposals, Short Form Agreements & Work Orders as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-4 years’ of related experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a variety of people inside and outside the firm
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Must be proactive, very detailed oriented, highly organized and motivated with a positive attitude
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
- Deltek Vision experience
- Architecture/Engineering (A/E) or Construction industry experience
- Project accounting or project controls experience
Attention to Detail and Accuracy, Initiative, Planning and Organizing, Excellent Communication Skills, Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranking of 288 in 2020. In the Southeast, ESP’s primary territory, the firm received the 2020 ENR Southeast Top Design Firms ranking of 39.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan