ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Project Controls Specialist who will be primarily responsible for the setup, maintenance, compliance, performance tracking, and reporting of projects for a dynamic and growing acquisition-oriented firm. The firm has experienced significant growth over the past several years and is looking to ensure that projects are set up correctly in accordance with the contract and with the appropriate billing terms to help the invoicing process go smoothly. The ideal candidate is a team-player with experience in the engineering or construction industry and has experience reviewing contracts, proposals, purchase orders, change orders, work orders, and task orders. The position will be located in our corporate office in Fort Mill, South Carolina (south Charlotte) office and supporting all remote office locations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing contracts, purchase orders, and proposals to determine:
- The appropriate work breakdown structure (project, task, subtask) which will satisfy the client’s invoicing requirements, the firm’s performance tracking metrics, and the new revenue recognition standard for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- The proper allocation of the contract amount to project(s), task(s), and subtask(s).
- The correct revenue methods and billing terms to use based on the fee type(s) involved.
- Setting up projects in Deltek Vision (ERP)
- Reviewing the setup of projects in Deltek Vision (ERP)
- Maintaining the life cycle of the project based on changes or modifications to the contract and project.
- Assisting project managers, department managers, and other members of the project team with project budgeting.
- Training new hires and existing employees about the firm’s project policies and procedures and Deltek Vision (ERP) capabilities to ensure understanding, adoption, and compliance.
- Providing reports as needed to appropriate members of the project team and firm management.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or finance
- Project accounting or project control experience
- Familiarity of accounting principles and practices
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a variety of people inside and outside the firm
- Ability to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must be proactive, very detailed oriented, and highly organized
- A/E or construction industry experience
- Deltek Vision experience, a plus
- CPA or CPA track, a plus
Attention to Detail and Accuracy, Initiative, Planning and Organizing, Excellent Communication Skills, Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection. ESP is honored to maintain over 30-year relationships with both public and private clients throughout the Southeast. ESP is a 2019 ENR Top 500 Design Firm ranked #256 overall and #29 in the Southeast, and a Zweig Group 2017 Hot Firm recognized among the 100 fastest-growing A/E consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan