ESP provides consultative geotechnical engineering to our clients regarding subsurface conditions for the benefit of cost and proforma analysis as well as to assist in planned site development and building design.
Our engineers use drill rigs, CPT rigs, excavating equipment, geophysics, and other exploratory means to evaluate existing conditions and are experienced with the various geotechnical challenges presented by the geological regions that we work in. Soil testing and analysis are performed in our AASHTO (American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials) accredited laboratories.
Our knowledge and information is used to assist with the development of low and high rise structures, dams/embankments, municipal structures, water features, pavement systems, bridges, slopes/walls, etc.
Common Geotechnical Analysis:
- Deep and shallow foundation analysis
- Foundation settlement analysis
- Seismic site class analysis
- Alternative foundation and soil improvement consultation
- Liquifaction potential
- Expansive soil problem solving
- Soil modification (chemical treatment)
- Rock characterization and consultation
- Site dewatering design
- Slab subgrade support
- Slope/Dam stability and seismic stability analysis
- Embankment/Dam seepage analysis
- Pavement Structure design
- Pile load testing